Trainee Technical Manager - Poultry Sector - East Midlands - HG007
This fascinating role provides a unique opportunity for you to exploit your passion for delivering technical development and support in the poultry breeding sector. Our client is a global, market dominating, leading supplier of genetics and breeding livestock for the specialised duck market.
This type of specialist role does not come up often. The job involves a combination of providing detailed and specific technical support at business and farm level as well as acting as the conduit of information between customers and R&D in order to aid continuous improvement of products and the company.
The successful candidate will be joining a world-renowned business, focused in the duck Sector, which provides a highly developed unique range of duck genetics. This company regards customer service and care as a high priority, providing ongoing training to take you to the top of your game. This office-based role will also involve regular international travel supporting customers.
You will be joining the company as a trainee, with the expectation of taking a leading role in technical support after a period of 18 months to 2 years. You will have a keen interest in the science of intensive livestock, having completed a relevant animal science degree or a post-graduate qualification in a related subject. Practical experience in the poultry industry would be a distinct advantage. In addition, you will be a people person, a good communicator with an ability to write for technical publications and have a clear desire to forge an exciting career in this specialist market and world leading company.
Main Role Functions
- Reporting to the General Manager, to provide technical support to colleagues and customers
- Respond to technical enquiries by telephone and email
- Visit customers to provide technical support at their premises, either at farm or business level
- Work with veterinary and nutrition technical specialists to develop solutions to customer's need
- To represent the company at trade events in Europe and Asia
- Produce technical literature, including press articles and management handbooks
- Hosting customer visits
- Involvement in technical R&D projects
- Collection and analysis of real-world flock performance data to provide statistics showing the performance of the company's breeding and growing stock.
Key Skills and Qualities
- Education - agriculture or animal science graduate, with an interest in the poultry industry, preferably with some practical experience of poultry production
- Numerate, with some experience of using statistics in an agricultural context
- Literate and capable of technical writing tasks
- Language skills - English Fluent, spoken German, Polish, Hungarian or Chinese would be a distinct advantage
- Travel - Europe, South East Asia, North America, estimated as 12 weeks per annum with trips lasting up to 3 weeks
- Capable of representing the company and presenting a positive image of the company and its products
- Valid UK driving licence
A competitive package that reflects this unique position is on offer for the right candidate and includes salary and other benefits.
Interested to know more about this excellent opportunity? Please call Hannah Graham on 01885 485527/01885 483440 or email your CV or enquiry to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you. De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Contact our consultant:
- Hannah Graham
Telephone: 01885 485527
Office: 01885 483440