Dairy Specialist - North West - H181
A well established and reputable Agricultural Business serving farmers across the country is currently seeking a Dairy Specialist to join their team in the North West.
Our client is a very successful, well managed and highly respected business. As well as selling the products on farm the role will also require you to provide feeding advice to farmers. The overall aim is to minimise 'cold calling' and focus on adding value on farm and collecting information to contribute to a 'soft sales' approach.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to be a person rather than a figure in an organisation. The scope and responsibilities of the role will depend upon the experience of the successful candidate.
Ideally, applicants will have ruminant feed sales experience and strong farmer contacts in the area. They will also have the ability influence the feeding management of a farm and to be the first "port of call" by a farmer for advice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising farmers on ruminant feed, particularly dairy.
- Selling feed directly and supporting other sales staff as required.
- Marketing literature and sales brand development.
- Attendance at trade shows and farm open days.
- Developing and maintaining long lasting business relationships with farmers.
The successful applicants will fulfill the following requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of the UK dairy industry.
- Familiarity with the geography of the area.
- A degree in agriculture or a related discipline is desirable.
- Good communication skills
- The skills to influence people (this is more than just being good at talking to farmers).
- Determined, energetic and resilient.
- Ambitious and able to grow the business.
- Team player.
- IT literate.
- Full valid UK driving licence.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered and will reflect the experience of the successful candidate. The package will include a good salary, a company car, and a generous performance related bonus structure.
Interested in this exciting opportunity? For more information or to apply for this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01885 485528/ 01885483440.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice. Registered with the Information Commissioners Office the company complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Contact our consultants:
- Harriet Smith
Telephone: 01885 485 528
Office: 01885 483 440