Veterinary Senior Manager - Pork - Midlands - H180
De Lacy Executive is seeking a Senior Veterinary Manager in the midlands to manage an established technical team relating to health, welfare and product safety within the Pig farming sector and to provide strategic leadership for technical topics.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Lead and provide veterinary technical support to a portfolio of projects within the Pork sector
- Act as primary contact and identify priorities for research and development projects and initiate the commissioning and implementation of these within pork sector
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the research in completed projects and provide technical back-up where necessary.
- Write and deliver key research findings and technical information to sector and industry publications to increase communication effectiveness.
- Take the lead on actions relating to disease outbreaks and disease notifications and be a key point of contact for governing bodies.
- Maintain personal profile in field of expertise, by attending, organising and speaking at appropriate conferences and supporting relevant committees.
- Develop/manage relationships with key commercial companies such as pharmaceuticals, leading feed companies, and veterinary practises.
- Line management/mentoring responsibility where appropriate to the team.
Key Applicant Attributes:
- Veterinary degree or postgraduate degree and training in Animal Health
- Expertise in pig husbandry and management.
- Sound project management and experience of working in Agricultural research.
- Record of influencing policy makers, researchers, academics, producers and stakeholders.
- High level of credibility (Nationally and Internationally), and ability to liaise effectively at all levels.
- Experience of effective knowledge transfer delivery.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
This is an office based role in the midlands, however there may be a requirement for travel to industry meetings.
Remuneration: A competitive salary with benefits is offered to the right candidate.
The Next Step: Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Harriet Smith on +44 (0) 1885 485528 / +44 (0) 1885 483440 for more information. Thank you.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive operates within the international food supply chain and agri-business sector.
Contact our consultants:
- Harriet Smith
Telephone: 01885 485 528
Office: 01885 483 440