Should I Consider a Sales Role?
Sales roles in Agriculture can be very different to any other types of sales as they are:
- Full of variety
- Technically demanding
- Opportunities to build expertise in dealing with people
- Opportunities to build confidence & self-reliance
- Opportunities to build resilience
- Financially rewarding
- A pathway to senior management
- Well respected by the agricultural community
- Significant long term careers.
- Professional with integrity and which demands significant skills.
The fundamental aspects of selling are to identify your prospective customer's requirements, to analyse how your products/services will meet these requirements and carefully prepare how to present the product/service details and the benefits of using them to your customer. The objective is to build a good relationship of trust and co-operation to secure long term business. It is not about dishonesty or being "pushy".
To be a successful sales person in agriculture this career demands:
- A broad knowledge of UK agriculture - Ideally a Higher agricultural qualification
- Ability to build business relationships with customers
- Determination and energy
- A "can do" attitude, ambition and a competitive spirit
- Confidence to communicate effectively.
It is not essential to have experience of sales to become a trainee sales person but this may be an advantage.
Growing Careers is constantly receiving new and exciting sales/marketing roles so make sure you keep checking our website or you might miss out!