Head Nutritionist - Midlands - G388
De Lacy Executive is currently recruiting for a Head Nutritionist based in the Midlands. Our client is a highly reputable, well established feed production business in the midlands enjoying a good status as an employer and supplier of quality animal feeds. This is an exciting career opportunity in a growing and prestigious team.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Management of the nutritionist team.
- Work with sales, marketing, buying and production personnel to establish products to meet market requirements.
- Provide sales team with nutritional and product training.
- Produce cost effective formulations and be able to provide nutritional support across all species.
- Liaise with other departments to advise on predicted raw material requirement and to maintain raw material costs, both current and forward.
- Responsibility for overall quality assurance.
- Source and purchase technical materials, premixes, medicines etc.
- Coordinate technical documents for marketing and legislative purposes.
- Overall responsibility for farm services including dairy costings and forage analysis.
- Educated to at least degree level, preferably with a post graduate qualification in Animal Nutrition, Agricultural Science or similar.
- First class technical knowledge in animal nutrition (including formulation of diets) - ruminant is essential but ideally multi-species.
- Excellent communication skills (at all levels).
- Able to understand client's and end-users' targets and objectives, and the specific needs of the market.
- Striving for high customer satisfaction - internally and externally.
- Taking ownership of work with a passion for execution and attention for detail.
- Ability to assess the nutritional verses economic value of raw materials.
- Computer literate.
- Full UK driving license required.
The rewards will be commensurate with the seniority of this important position.
The Next Step: For more information or to apply for this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 01885 485521 / 01885483440.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice. Registered with the Information Commissioners Office the company complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Contact our consultants:
- Grace Nugent
Telephone: 01885 485521
Office: 01885 483440