Register with us today to receive the latest jobs direct to your inbox. Upload your CV and we will tailor our job matching service to your requirements
Please use the boxes below to search our list of current jobs:
Acting as part of the company's marketing team, a marketing specialist assists in the creation and execution of various aspects of the company's overall marketing plan. It is important to be successful in this role so that targets can be reached, such as increasing brand awareness. Due to this, marketing specialists should have a good understanding of consumer behavior, current and forecasted market trends, and possess the ability to be creative. Marketing specialists are often in charge of portraying good brand communication across various mediums to the public. This might include digital, packaging, or print marketing. They should closely watch over any promotional material in-market to understand whether it was successful, or if the promotion should be tweaked in the future to better reach its target market. The marketing programs they are involved in will help develop a brand reputation. Therefore, they need to ensure they know general marketing tactics and principles that can generate positive media and consumer attention.
Marketing Specialist Duties
- Plan and execute marketing programs to generate better sales and revenue
- Develop an effective distribution method for the company's products (or just for a specific brand)
- Implement marketing strategies, which may include advertising, PR, promotions, trade marketing, or social media
- Develop a good understanding of relevant target market to evaluate better ways to reach that segment
- Plan special events
- Closely watch brand performance to ensure targets and KPI's are met
- Complete market research to understand competitor behavior
- Work with other departments to reach overall goals of the company
- Responsible for all brand communication
- Develop sales incentive programs
- Work with warehouse and suppliers for special programs or distribution, such as trade shows, inventory management, etc.
- Seed companies
- Equipment companies
- Food and beverage manufacturers
- Feed companies
- Fertilizer companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Advertising agencies
- Consumer packaged goods companies
Required Education and Training
Marketing specialists should have a bachelor's degree in either marketing, communications, business, or a related field. Experience working within the industry of relevance would give candidates a competitive advantage.
Key Skills and Qualities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Good multitasker
- Adapts easily to change
- Ability to plan and execute marketing strategies
The average salary for a marketing specialist is £34,000. This can vary between £25,000 and £52,000, depending on the industry and experience level.