General Manager/MD Designate - South East England - A800
De Lacy Executive has been retained by a highly successful, agricultural machinery business to source an experienced General Manager/MD Designate. This is a rare senior opportunity within the Agricultural Machinery sector, offering excellent career progression prospects.
The successful applicant will be required to lead the dealership management and staff team to achieve company profitability and market share objectives. Ensuring a high level of employee satisfaction, safety and customer service are maintained as the business continues to grow.
Ideal candidates will have a proven experience gained in a similar role.
They will demonstrate strong leadership skills and they will be both commercially and financially astute, as the role entails full profit and loss accountability.
The role and responsibilities:
- Line management of Sales, Service and Parts Managers
- Franchise relationship management and business planning
- Achievement of annual dealership budgets
- Dealership stock and cashflow management
- Branch capital expenditure proposals
- Health and Safety of all employees, contractors and visitors
- Customer relationship management
- Dealership marketing and social media strategy
- Management, training & development of branch personnel
- Recruitment of staff with assistance of line managers
- Recruitment of line managers in conjunction with MD
- Possess a solid understanding of an equipment-based dealership business model, including both sales & aftersales
- Previous experience in a General Manager, National Manager or Director role will be highly advantageous
- Experience gained in sales or aftersales management at Group or Branch Level in a dealership, or at Area Level in a manufacturer is highly desirable
- Financially astute, with proven experience setting and managing KPIs in order to achieve their role objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage a team effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven experience in the Agricultural Industry, ideally gained in a dealership, distributor or manufacturer environment is highly desirable, although not essential
- Full UK driving licence
An excellent remuneration package will be on offer to include a highly competitive salary and a company vehicle
To apply for this exciting new career opportunity: Please e-mail your CV and covering letter (in Word or RTF format please, not PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call: Amanda Latham on Office: 01885 483440, DDI: 01885 485524, Mobile: 07730 218934
Please be assured that all calls are treated in complete confidence
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Contact our consultant:
- Amanda Latham
Telephone: 01885 485524
Office: 01885 483440