Operations Manager - North East Scotland - A763
De Lacy Executive seek an experienced, hands-on Operations Manager to join a highly successful, leading UK company which is benefiting from rapid and sustained expansion.
You will be required to efficiently and effectively manage the daily production and distribution functions for a monogastric animal compound feed mill, ensuring compliance with industry legislation & codes of practice. Responsibilities will also include procurement of plant & equipment and raw materials, management and stock control.
This is an exciting role that could offer the successful candidate a solid and progressive career opportunity.
The role and responsibilities:
- Oversee production runs ensuring optimum mill efficiency & farm feed requirements are met
- Manage stocks of raw materials & oversee in-take schedules
- Involvement in the procurement of raw materials, plant and equipment for feed mill using best business practice
- Responsibility for the management, training & development of the mill team
- Develop & oversee planned & preventative maintenance schedules in order to achieve maximum production throughputs
- Implement & oversee planned cleaning schedules
- Ensure hygiene standards (including pest control) are maintained
- Ensure all legislation & codes of practice (UFAS, VMD and LA) are followed & all aspects of the site Quality Management System are complied with
- Ensure bio-security & hygiene precautions on farms are observed at all times
- Develop and implement a procurement & management policy
- Develop and implement a plant and equipment procurement & management policy
- Liaise with Senior Management Team to drive continuous cost improvements throughout the milling and procurement functions
- Produce timely budget and financial forecasts
- Identify problems or inefficiencies & implement solutions
- Proven management experience in a production environment is essential
- A background in agriculture or feed milling will be an advantage
- Good financial understanding and business acumen
- Qualifications and/or experience in health & safety, environmental requirements and HACCP is desirable
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills
- Good IT skills
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to include a highly competitive salary and life assurance.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call: Amanda Latham on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 485524 Mobile 07730 218934
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Contact our consultant:
- Amanda Latham
Telephone: 01885 485524
Office: 01885 483440