Lab Manager - North East - A728
An experienced laboratory manager is required for a leading Pet Food company supplying formulations and recipes to the UK, European and Global Pet sectors. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a well-funded, growing and rapidly developing laboratory business.
The successful candidate ideally will be an analytical chemist. You will possess several years proven experience in a Quality Control or commercial lab environment, preferably gained within the pet food, animal feed or human food sectors.
The laboratory is in the process of completing Phase 1 of its programme of testing suites which encompasses standard wet, spectrographic and instrumental chemistry techniques. Future phases will require the successful candidate to be familiar with GC-FID, HPLC and potentially HPLC-MS techniques.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Daily responsibility for the effective, accurate and efficient processing of the laboratory workload whilst maintaining a clear focus on quality issues.
- Introducing, validating and documenting new tests as part of the laboratory's projected phased development programme.
- Managing and developing a growing in numbers laboratory team including ensuring that they receive the appropriate training.
- Ensure results from their own and analyst's work is accurate and documented in the required format and to the correct standard required by the company. This may include the production and issue of technical reports to include conclusions and recommendations.
- Play a leading role in the maintenance of the highest quality standards. In respect to this the right candidate would be expected to work closely with the Operations Director and Quality Manager.
- Ensure processes, protocols and daily practices are followed and that they comply with health and safety regulations. It will be the candidate's responsibility for maintaining safe operating procedures.
- Providing advice if necessary and ensuring that the laboratory has the appropriate and necessary equipment in order that it can deliver the company's and customers, perceived needs.
- The provision of advice to the sales/technical teams and customers where appropriate and if requested.
- Experienced in both wet chemistry & instrumental techniques
- Familiar with laboratory quality systems i.e. specifically UKAS
- Ability to develop and manage a growing team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail is a key requirement.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant scientific subject
- A qualification in chemistry will be an advantage
A competitive remuneration package will be on offer dependant on experience
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call: Amanda Latham on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 01885 485524 Mobile 07730 218934 To apply: please e-mail your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.