Production Manager - North West Scotland - A708
De Lacy Executive seek an experienced Production Manager to join an International company based in North West Scotland. They are a world leader in their unique field.
Reporting to the Feed Plant Manager, the primary focus of the role will be the day to day management of production, ensuring control and development of people and production functions. This will also include compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Oversee the production of feed to ensure consistency and quality standards are met
- Oversee the production of feed to ensure all processes are running efficiently
- Oversee the production of feed to ensure output is consistent with production plans
- Oversee the production of feed to ensure Yield targets are met
- Responsible for plant cleanliness
- Provide leadership, development, and supervision for production employees
- To manage costs and budgets associated with production
- Participate in personnel selection and training of new employees
- Ensure all safety protocols are adhered to and advocate a safe work environment
- Conduct monthly Health & Safety meetings within the production department
- Investigate customer complaints
- Contribute to lean manufacturing and continuous improvement projects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in a production or manufacturing management role ideally within the animal feed sector
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate employees
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of health & safety protocols
- Full clean driving licence is desirable.
An excellent remuneration package will be on offer dependant on experience
If you would like to apply for this exciting new management opportunity, please e-mail your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word) to firstname.lastname@example.org or
For more information, please call Amanda on Office: 01885 483440, DDI: 01885 485524 or Mobile: 07730 218934
Please be assured that all contact will be treated in complete confidence.
De Lacy Executive is the agricultural recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business and Land-based Business Sectors and was established in 2000. We are experienced practical and supply trade agriculturalists who have developed an agricultural recruitment practice based on high ethical standards - we are approved members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which oversees the UK's recruitment industry (REC Membership Number: 00082047).
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview
Contact our consultant:
- Amanda Latham
Telephone: 01885 485524
Office: 01885 483440