Farm Maintenance Supervisor - Poultry Sector - East Anglia - A692
De Lacy Executive seek a self-disciplined and contentious Farm Maintenance Supervisor.
Reporting to the Agricultural Manager, you will organise a small team of staff responsible for the construction and maintenance of temporary buildings across several poultry farms in East Anglia. You will ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
The ideal applicant will be a practical, 'hands on' individual with a broad range of general farm maintenance skills, including carpentry. It will be advantageous if you have had previous experience with the construction and maintenance of polytunnels or other temporary structures .
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the building operation and build team, ensuring the staff are organised daily.
- New Build construction and maintenance
- Staff Recruitment.
- Ensuring that the build team are following all Company procedures regarding: Bird Welfare, Compliance with Freedom Foods and Red Tractor requirements and High standards of biosecurity and housekeeping
- Telehandler operation (an advantage)
- Completion of daily reports and any other relevant paperwork
- Checking and approving of timesheets and ensuring all team members are clocking in/out
- Ensuring that vehicles are well maintained, operated correctly and clean.
- Prevention and reporting of appropriate issues, malpractice, unhygienic or unsafe acts to the Area Manager/Head of Agriculture
- Follow company Health & Safety and Environmental procedures
- Attend training courses, which are determined as appropriate by the Company.
- 'Hands on', with a broad range of general farm maintenance skills and experience
- Proven people management experience
- Poultry experience is desirable but is not essential
- Willingness to learn and embrace the High Welfare attitude of the Company
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to accurately record information
- Full UK Drivers Licence
A competitive remuneration package will be on offer to the successful candidate.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter (in Word or RTF format please, not PDF) to email@example.com
For more information please call: Amanda Latham on Office: 01885 483440, DDI: 01885 485524, Mobile: 07730 218934
Please be assured that all calls are treated in complete confidence Thank you.
De Lacy Executive is the agricultural recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business and Land-based Business Sectors and was established in 2000. We are experienced practical and supply trade agriculturalists who have developed an agricultural recruitment practice based on high ethical standards - we are approved members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which oversees the UK's recruitment industry (REC Membership Number: 00082047).
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview Registered with and complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act. www.delacyexecutive.co.uk
Contact our consultant:
- Amanda Latham
Telephone: 01885 485524
Office: 01885 483440