Business Development/Team Manager - Agri-Food Sector - Midlands/South West - A648
De Lacy Executive seek an experienced Team Manager to join a leading food and drink research organisation who provide services to companies along the supply chain. Proven business development and senior management experience is an essential requirement for this role.
You will be responsible for managing a small team of scientists, technologists and technicians providing high quality and cost effective solutions to clients in primary production and the agri-food chain. Projects may be research, consultancy or training focused.
Ideal candidates will be educated to degree level or above in Food Science or an equivalent subject and they will possess a good technical knowledge of the Agri-Food industry. A background in the Fresh Produce or Arable Sectors will be an advantage.
The Role and Responsibilities
- People and equipment resource management for the section (15%).
- Financial planning and budgetary management for the section cost centre (15%).
- Business generation and development of external business profile (30%).
- Implement required systems of business management (including H&S) control (5%)
- Providing technical and scientific leadership in area both internally and externally (5%)
- Manage technical delivery of outputs to agreed service levels (10%)
- Direct technical delivery (20%).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A degree in a relevant subject
- A broad technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across a range of food technologies
- Proven Business Development experience.
- A technical knowledge of the primary production and agri-food industry (science and technology).
- Strong leadership and influencing skills-of direct reports, peers and senior management within and outside the organization.
- A demonstrable understanding of the relevant focus area for the job with the ability to train and develop others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support business development and training offerings.
- Demonstrable time management skills supporting effective delivery and business practices.
- Effective project management skills.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
A competitive remuneration package will be on offer to the successful candidate
To apply: If you have the right qualities and experience and would like to become part of our clients dedicated team, please e-mail your CV and covering letter (in Word or RTF format please, not PDF) to email@example.com
For more information please call: Amanda Latham on Office: 01885 483440, DDI: 01885 485524, Mobile: 07730 218934
Please be assured that all calls are treated in complete confidence Thank you.
De Lacy Executive is the agricultural recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business and Land-based Business Sectors and was established in 2000. We are experienced practical and supply trade agriculturalists who have developed an agricultural recruitment practice based on high ethical standards - we are approved members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which oversees the UK's recruitment industry (REC Membership Number: 00082047).
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview Registered with and complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act. www.delacyexecutive.co.uk
Contact our consultant:
- Amanda Latham
Telephone: 01885 485524
Office: 01885 483440