Pork Industry Strategy Director - Midlands - SG005
Pork Industry Strategy Director - Midlands
This is a key role in a highly influential organisation. Reporting direct to the Chief Strategy Officer, you will be contributing, shaping, and delivering strategy devised to ensure all those involved in the Pork Sector have successful, profitable and sustainable businesses now and into the future. This is a unique role that puts you at the heart of the GB pork industry, helping to drive its position in the new market place.
You will use you pork industry knowledge, contacts, insights and future vision to turn ideas into strategy, direction and tools that can be effectively used by farmers and all those involved in the pork supply chain. This organisation has a board, represented by a range of businesses involved in the Pork Supply chain. You will work with that board helping to build on their ideas and vision in order to formulate the clear organisation strategy.
- To Produce a clear strategy and business plans with sector board and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Work closely with sector board and Chief Strategy Officer to ensure the strategy is delivered effectively.
- Drive and ensure delivery teams, know and understand the strategy so that it achieves its goals.
- Oversee evaluation tools to monitor and report on performance.
- Keep teams up to date with sector trends and issues .
- Organise and chair meetings, and communicate regularly across the organisation so all staff working on the projects are well informed.
- Maintain and develop partnerships with third parties.
- Manage political relationships with industry stakeholders.
- Approve large spends with managers.
You will need to have;
- Great knowledge and contacts within the Pig Farming sector.
- True leadership skills that can create a performance culture.
- Must be customer focused.
- Can understand methods to measure project performance.
- Ability to uses internal information and networks to produce synergy in projects, learning and delivery.
- Understand how to drive business innovation.
- Not afraid to think outside the box to deliver results for the organisation and its partners.
- Excellent networker and relationship builder.
- Be a strategic thinker and politically aware.
- Extensive strategic and business development expertise.
- Excellent communication skills - able to identify, evaluate and articulate value for levy payers.
This is an office based role in the Midlands, however there may be a requirement for travel to industry meetings.
Remuneration: A competitive salary with benefits is offered to the right candidate.
The Next Step: Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to email@example.com or call Stuart Goodinson on +44 (0) 1885 483440 for more information. Thank you.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive operates within the international food supply chain and agri-business sector.
Contact our consultant:
- Stuart Goodinson
Telephone: 01885 485523
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07487 259401 (8am-8pm)