Arable Market Analyst - Midlands - SG003
De Lacy Executive has been retained to recruit a market analyst who has sound knowledge of the arable sector. The role is to investigate UK market conditions and influencers, study the supply chain and look ahead into global arable trends. You will then use these insights to help create strategy, communications and reports which will be used in the various teams and sectors of this large producer focussed organisation.
This is a career developing role. You will be reporting to the Head of the department and be involved in the development of corporate strategy. It is an opportunity to be at the centre of UK arable agriculture and be part of shaping its future.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Take the lead on interpretation of market information in order to deliver information reports and tools to the arable sector team.
- Seek and interpret market data.
- Work with the Team Head and other Analysts to priorities projects and resources.
- Ensure that best-practice across the team.
- Exploit all opportunities to work with other sector specialist teams both within and outside of the Arable team.
- Develop/manage relationships with key commercial arable companies.
- Line management/mentoring responsibility where appropriate to the team.
- Lead and drive arable sector projects using other people in your team and contribute to other team projects in your sector as well as other sectors.
- Maintain management processes and documents, including operational plans, development plans and task lists.
Key Applicant Attributes:
- Professional qualification to at least Degree standard in Economics/Agriculture or another numerate discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience of preparing and delivering economic/market analysis.
- Experience of using modern IT applications.
- Line management experience.
- Valid UK driving license.
This is an office based role in the Midlands, however there may be a requirement for travel to industry meetings.
Remuneration: A competitive salary with benefits is offered to the right candidate.
The Next Step: Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to email@example.com or call Stuart Goodinson on +44 (0) 1885 483440 for more information. Thank you.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive operates within the international food supply chain and agri-business sector.
Contact our consultant:
- Stuart Goodinson
Telephone: 01885 485523
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07487 259401 (8am-8pm)